|Job Title:||Child Care Worker||Status:||Part-time; Hourly Non-Exempt|
|Reports to:||Child Care Director||Last Update:||9/9/2021|
Position Summary: The Child Care Worker is directly responsible for the care, supervision and safety of the children in the parish child care program.
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program.
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care. Provides a safe environment for the children at all times.
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to learn about the world and explore interests
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime.
- Implement positive discipline when required.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
- Prepare and organize mealtimes and snacks for children.
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of parents.
- Keep records of children’s progress, discipline, injury, and other activities.
- Accompany and supervise children on field trips.
- Follow established policies and procedures including acceptable disciplinary policies.
- Understand and implement emergency procedures when necessary.
- Keep parents informed of program expectations, program activities and their child’s progress as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications The individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
- High School diploma or GED. Associates or Bachelor’s degree desirable.
- Initial Background check and every five years thereafter.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and consistent self-discipline.
- Must have initiative, discretion, confidentiality and judgment when making decisions.
- Trained in first aid, management of communicable diseases and child abuse prevention and recognition (must be completed within 12 months of employment).*
- Annual required in-service training.*
- Successful completion of Protecting God’s Children session.*
*Trainings can be completed after hire.
For a copy of the Application Click Here – Job Application